Downloadable Books and More
- Overdrive Downloadable Books and Audio Books
- Project Gutenberg Free downloadable books - Always available!
- Google Books
- Online Books Page
- Classic Authors Online
What Do You Need to Borrow e-Books from Overdrive?
- A valid Loutit District Library Card.
- A computer with Internet access, smartphone, tablet, or eReader that uses one of the required formats -- EPUB, PDF, or Kindle.
- Download app for ipad and other tablets (including Nook Tablet & Color)
- Nook, Kobo, Sony e-reader, pandigital or other compatible e-reader - updated January 2013
- Kindle - updated January 2013
- Kindle Fire - updated February 2013
Not sure what to read? Try these links for reviews and suggestions. You can also keep track of what you read by accessing My Account and clicking on the Reading History button on the right side of the screen. Then click on the Opt In button on the left side of the screen. The system will start logging what you check out. You can opt out at any time if you change you mind.
- New Items at LDL- These lists change on a monthly basis, generally at the end of the month.
- Book Awards
- Michigan Electronic Library Books and Reading Gateway - to use the Michigan Electronic Library you will be asked for your library card number or your driver's license number.
- Books and Authors - A database to help you decide what to read next. Search by character, topic, setting, time period, genre, title, author, and series.
- Library Thing - Join the world’s largest book club. Library Thing connects you to people who read what you do.
What's Next from the Kent District Library - Helps you search for fiction books in a series.
- Book Page
- All About Romance
- Reader’s Advice
- Online Book Clubs
- eBook Collection (EBSCOhost)
See what everyone’s reading!
Loutit District Library is happy to offer Book Clubs in a Bag—everything you need for a great book discussion, all in one handy bag. Each bag includes 10 copies of a great book, discussion questions, author information and read-alike bookmarks. Book Clubs in a Bag are available to anyone with a valid Lakeland Library Cooperative library card. Call a librarian for more information – 616-842-5560 x 214.