Fines and Billing Schedule
The fine per day for all materials is 15 cents with the exception of movies and Book Club in a Bag materials, which are $1.00 per day. Keep in mind that fines accrue per item, so the fine total can add up quickly! When items are 5 days overdue , you will be notified by mail, or email if you have signed up for email notification. When items are 35 days overdue, you will be billed for the replacement cost of the item. Please note that if you accrue fines or replacement fees of $40.00 or more, your account will be sent to collections.
You can pay directly at the Checkout Desk with cash, credit card, or check. You can also pay online using a credit card by accessing My Account. All you need is your library card and PIN.
For assistance with fines or billing, call 616-842-5560 x223 or email email@example.com.
Accidents happen. Just bring in the damaged item or tell us about the lost book. If the item is damaged, it will be given to a librarian for review. Sometimes we can repair the damage without difficulty. If the item is damaged beyond repair or is lost, your account will be billed for the replacement cost of the item. Please note, if you find a lost item after paying for it, it is yours to keep. We do not offer refunds.
Damage that cannot be repaired includes, but is not limited to:
- pet damage (chew marks, claw marks, etc.)
- liquid damage (water, coffee, milk, etc.)
- environmental damage (mold, mildew, warping/melting from excessive heat)
- bodily fluid (urine, vomit, blood, etc.)
- parts and/or pages missing
- excessive permanent marking with pens, crayons, etc.
- any damage that affects the safety, enjoyment, readability, or usability of the item for subsequent patrons
Library staff reserves the right to determine if an item falls under the description of an item that is damaged beyond repair.