Throughout the month of February, Loutit District Library encourages everyone to move beyond Random Acts of Kindness Day on February 17 to celebrate an entire month of kindness and community connection!
- LDL’s Replace a Book program has returned! Our upper lobby houses a poster filled with bookmarks of children’s book covers that have been either lost or damaged. Take one to the Check-Out Desk to pay for a replacement which will clear the book from the child’s account, and the library will purchase a new copy of the book to place back on the shelf.
Loutit District Library will match every donation made by forgiving an outstanding charge for a lost or damaged book on another child’s account.
Not able to stop in? Place a donation online and add a note to your donation to tell us how you’d like to see your contribution used.
- A mini self-serve pantry will be placed in our Fourth Street lobby to promote the community sharing of resources. We encourage you to donate warm winter gear (hats, gloves, and scarves), non-perishable food and toiletries, and pet food/supplies. We also encourage you to help yourself to any items you are currently in need of.
- Here is a compiled list of ideas for Random Acts of Kindness activities that you can implement all month long!
- See a list of local non-profits below to help spread the word about the services they provide and volunteer opportunities!
Together, we make the world a better place, and Loutit District Library thanks you for your participation.
- Tri-Cities Family YMCA
- Love in Action
- Salvation Army
- Arbor Circle
- Four Pointes Center
- Grand Haven Area Public Schools
- Ottagan Addictions Recovery (OAR)
- Bethany Christian Services
- Ottawa Area Intermediate School
- Spring Lake Public Schools
- Momentum Center
- Loutit District Library
- Bluebird Cancer Retreats
- Gracious Grounds
- Hand 2 Hand
- Ottawa County Parks Foundation
- The Little Red House
- Senior Resources of West Michigan
- Walden Green
- The People Center
- Camp Blodgett
- Spring Lake District Library
- West Michigan Academy of Arts and Academics