Curbside pickup hours are continuing to be scheduled Monday – Friday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm and Saturday 10:00am – 2:00pm. If you are unable to pick up your items during service hours, you may utilize LDL’s new after hours holds lockers. To learn more about curbside and the after hours holds lockers, please see the curbside options.
Beginning May 3: Limited Access
Monday–Friday: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
The library is temporarily closed on Sundays until further notice.
What to Expect at Your Next Visit
LDL prioritizes the safety of our patrons and staff, and we have adapted our building to minimize the risk of exposure to potential illness. The library continues to have plexiglass at all service desks, 6-feet distancing markers, and limited available furniture. Toys will temporarily be unavailable in the children’s area. Additionally, LDL staff will regularly disinfect all high-touch surface areas. Hand sanitizer will also be readily available for public use.
Visits to the Local History & Genealogy Room will be available by appointment only to promote social distancing. Schedule online or call 616.850.6925 to make an appointment. We hope these changes will make your experience more comfortable. We highly encourage you to limit your time in the building to one hour or less.
To provide the best visiting experience for everyone, we ask patrons to abide by the following requirements:
- All patrons 2 years and older are required to correctly wear a mask, consisting of a tightly woven cloth or other multi-layer absorbent material that closely covers an individual’s mouth and nose during their visit*. If you do not have one, a mask will be provided upon entry.
- If you are experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms, please do not enter the building.
- Patrons must maintain 6 feet of distance from one another.
- Return material in the outside drop boxes.
- We will only allow 25% of building capacity at one time.
- Water fountains will be disabled. Patrons will have access to automatic water bottle fillers.
- Food and beverages are prohibited in the building at this time.
- Meeting and study rooms are not available at this time.
- The lower level will not be available at this time.
- Children ages 13 and under must have a parent/adult caregiver (ages 18 or older) accompanying them.
- Children ages 14 and older may use the library on their own so long as they comply with library policies.
- Multi-use print publications including newspapers and magazines will not be available to browse at this time. Magazines are available for check out. Digital copies of select newspapers and magazines will be available. Please contact the Reference and Information Desk at 616.850.6914 if you are looking for a specific publication.
*Children under the age of 2 are not required to wear a mask. Children two years old and older must wear a face covering, pursuant to guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”). Patrons who are not able to wear a face-covering due to medical reasons will not be permitted in the building but will be provided with alternative service.
In order to provide the best possible service to patrons, library staff will be taking precautions to ensure everyone’s safety. Employees will be required to check their temperature upon entering the building and wear face coverings at all times. Download the new Lakeland Library Cooperative mobile app for a contactless system to check out materials with a personal device. Our service will continue to adapt to the changing environment.