As the COVID-19 crisis continues in our community, the following organizations and links offer assistance and relief.
- Goleta Valley Library Lots of great ideas, grouped by subject, for all ages!
- MSU Extension Remote Learning and Resources Educational resources for school closures; adult learning; family, community, and governmental resources; events and news.
- WGVU At-Home Learning
- Ottawa County Department of Public Health Latest community updates and what to do if you become ill.
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services State health assistance and relief.
- CDC National updates and how to protect and care for yourself.
- How to Properly Wash Your Hands by Certified Nursing Assistants.
- COVID-19 Testing Sites in Ottawa County.
- What to Do While Waiting for Test Results 3 key steps to follow to stop the spread of the virus.
- MI COVID Alert App This anonymous, no-cost, and voluntary app lets users know whether they may have recently been exposed to COVID-19. Users can confidentially submit a positive test result into the app and alert others in recent proximity that they may have also been exposed to the virus.
- MI COVID-19 Vaccine Includes up-to-date information about the COVID-19 vaccine and rollout plan.
- Vaccinate West Michigan Stay informed on the latest, local vaccine information.
- Ottawa County Vaccination Registration
- Family Fare Vaccination Registration
- Meijer Pharmacy Vaccination Registration
- Vaccines and Immunizations: Myths and Misconceptions Information from the World Health Organization.
- Harvard Inside Health Newsletter Vaccines, social media, and the spread of misinformation.
- Understanding Herd Immunity Information about how vaccines work, from the APIC.
- Love in Action Health Clinic Information on Love in Action’s no-cost health and dental clinics for those 18 years or older that are un-insured, under-insured, or in transition (e.g. awaiting insurance).
Mental Health Resources
- Psychiatry.org Crisis hotlines for immediate help
- MSU Extension Mental health tips for managing stress
- National Alliance on Mental Illness How to combat stress or anxiety, get care without insurance, and what to do in the case of homelessness
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America Helpful tips and strategies from mental health professionals
- Public Health Degrees Resources for the individual and community leaders
How to Help Kids Cope
- Trailstowellness.org Assistance for teachers and families helping students
- Communicating with Children from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- OAISD Student food programs
- Information about children and education from the Michigan Department of Education
- NYC School Library System a curated list of free ebooks for children about the coronavirus
- Xfinity Free community WiFi hotspots
- Spectrum Free community WiFi hotspots
- Comcast Internet Essentials Low-cost home Internet
- AT&T Access Low-cost home Internet
- Spectrum Internet Assist Low-cost home Internet
- Cell Phone Providers Get assistance with fees and discover special offers
Assistance for Individuals
- careottawacounty.com Greater Ottawa County United Way, the Community Foundation of the Holland/Zeeland Area, and other organizations share how you can help the community and how to get help.
- COVID-19 scams
- GetSetup Older adults can now get help to learn how to navigate technology such as videoconferencing and telemedicine that has become more necessary during the COVID-19 pandemic. These free virtual classes are supported by the Michigan Health Endowment Fund in partnership with GetSetUp.
- IRS tax deadline for filing delayed to July 15
- IRS Non-filer Tool Even if you don’t file a return, you may still quality for a stimulus check.
- State tax filing deadline extended to July 15, 2020
- Michigan Unemployment Insurance Agency
- The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services is available to provide assistance including food, emergency relief, and housing services.
- Reference USA Use the Business Database to search for jobs
Assistance for Businesses and Employers
- US Department of Labor Coronavirus Resources
- Common Issues Employers and Workers Face: FAQs from the US Dept of Labor
- U.S. Small Business Administration SBA Disaster Assistance
- Reference USA Learn how to grow your business during COVID-19
- CNN A guide to helping and getting help during the coronavirus crisis